Send your list submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
My Mother’s Email?
BY JEN GIRDISH
[Originally published August 30, 2012.]
1. The sun came out. It was warm and pleasant.
2. We had a couple of beautiful days this week. Tuesday was one of them.
3. We went out for breakfast because we had nothing to eat for breakfast.
4. I figured the butter would be good for him.
5. I imagine that you are still sleeping at this moment safe in your own bed.
6. Things went smoothly and we saw a lot of beautiful scenery.
7. Then there was the bad weather.
8. You said that you would understand if I declined, but I am trusting that you do understand, and I thank you for your understanding.
Hemingway: 1, 4, 7
Mom: 2, 3, 5, 6, 8
SUGGESTED READSMom’s Set List
by Dan Kennedy (6/16/2003)
The Earlier Epic Battles of Grendel’s Mother
by Eric Silver (10/3/2005)
List: Good Casino Ads / Bad Things for Someone to Say About Your Mom
by Molly Dolan (4/29/2005)
RECENTLYThe First Black Friday, by William Bradford
by River Clegg (11/27/2015)
Black Friday Special: Common Retail Questions Answered With Deeper Questions
by Kate Hahn (11/27/2015)
Butterball Help-Line Help-Line
by Alysia Gray Painter (11/25/2015)
POPULARThe Four Horsemen of Gentrification
by Zain Khalid (11/3/2015)
Monologue: An Extremely Pregnant Woman Has a Few Questions for the Motherhood Maternity Customer Service Desk
by Amy Rolph (8/4/2015)
Monologue: As Your Governor, I Will Protect You From Mass Shooters If They Are Syrian
by Pete Reynolds (11/18/2015)