Send your list submissions to email@example.com.
My Mother’s Email?
BY JEN GIRDISH
[Originally published August 30, 2012.]
1. The sun came out. It was warm and pleasant.
2. We had a couple of beautiful days this week. Tuesday was one of them.
3. We went out for breakfast because we had nothing to eat for breakfast.
4. I figured the butter would be good for him.
5. I imagine that you are still sleeping at this moment safe in your own bed.
6. Things went smoothly and we saw a lot of beautiful scenery.
7. Then there was the bad weather.
8. You said that you would understand if I declined, but I am trusting that you do understand, and I thank you for your understanding.
Hemingway: 1, 4, 7
Mom: 2, 3, 5, 6, 8
SUGGESTED READSMom’s Set List
by Dan Kennedy (6/16/2003)
The Earlier Epic Battles of Grendel’s Mother
by Eric Silver (10/3/2005)
List: Good Casino Ads / Bad Things for Someone to Say About Your Mom
by Molly Dolan (4/29/2005)
RECENTLYEight Excuses I Have Told My Son to Use for His Failure to Hand in English Homework, Excuses I Have Learned are Acceptable During a Thirty-Year Career in Journalism, Books, and Film
by Nick Hornby (2/5/2016)
Fear, Inc: Part Two: Alarmed and Dangerous
by Susan Schorn (2/5/2016)
Women Who Should Be Pretty Pissed Off: Frankenstein’s Stepsister
by Amy Watkin (2/5/2016)