Send your list submissions to email@example.com.
My Mother’s Email?
BY JEN GIRDISH
[Originally published August 30, 2012.]
1. The sun came out. It was warm and pleasant.
2. We had a couple of beautiful days this week. Tuesday was one of them.
3. We went out for breakfast because we had nothing to eat for breakfast.
4. I figured the butter would be good for him.
5. I imagine that you are still sleeping at this moment safe in your own bed.
6. Things went smoothly and we saw a lot of beautiful scenery.
7. Then there was the bad weather.
8. You said that you would understand if I declined, but I am trusting that you do understand, and I thank you for your understanding.
Hemingway: 1, 4, 7
Mom: 2, 3, 5, 6, 8
SUGGESTED READSMom’s Set List
by Dan Kennedy (6/16/2003)
List: Good Casino Ads / Bad Things for Someone to Say About Your Mom
by Molly Dolan (4/29/2005)
List: Other Signs Held Up by Olympic Moguls Skier Toby Dawson’s Mom Besides “GOOD LUCK, TOBY DAWSON!”
by Andy Hobin (3/3/2006)
RECENTLYHow to Write Good Sex Scenes
by Mike Lacher (12/19/2014)
Snopes Investigates the Anderson Family’s Holiday Letter
by Allen Rein (12/19/2014)
@thereal_saintfrancis_: Peace on Earth
by Nick Farrell and Rachel Farrell (12/19/2014)
POPULARProduct Review: The Invisible Backpack of White Privilege from L.L. Bean
by Joyce Miller (12/18/2014)
I Am an Artisanal Attorney
by John Frank Weaver (12/12/2014)
A Farewell to Hemnes: Ernest Hemingway Assembles an IKEA Daybed Frame With Three Drawers
by Jeff Steinbrink (12/2/2014)