Send your list submissions to email@example.com.
My Mother’s Email?
BY JEN GIRDISH
[Originally published August 30, 2012.]
1. The sun came out. It was warm and pleasant.
2. We had a couple of beautiful days this week. Tuesday was one of them.
3. We went out for breakfast because we had nothing to eat for breakfast.
4. I figured the butter would be good for him.
5. I imagine that you are still sleeping at this moment safe in your own bed.
6. Things went smoothly and we saw a lot of beautiful scenery.
7. Then there was the bad weather.
8. You said that you would understand if I declined, but I am trusting that you do understand, and I thank you for your understanding.
Hemingway: 1, 4, 7
Mom: 2, 3, 5, 6, 8
SUGGESTED READSCold, Hard Yo Mama Snaps…
by Katie Pearce (8/9/2000)
Mom’s Set List
by Dan Kennedy (6/16/2003)
The Earlier Epic Battles of Grendel’s Mother
by Eric Silver (10/3/2005)
RECENTLYSocial Media Intern Wanted at The Night’s Watch
by Chris Brotzman (6/24/2016)
Inside Witnesses: One Crime’s Many Narratives: Christian and Collin Face the Gunman
by Marti Jonjak (6/24/2016)
List: Business Ideas Sparked By My Passion for Drinking Monster Energy Drinks
by Alexa Loftus (6/24/2016)
POPULARList: Obituaries for Teenage Girls If They Actually Died When They Say They’re Dying
by Karen Chee (5/26/2016)
List: Things the World’s Most and Least Privileged People Say
by John-Clark Levin (5/19/2016)
No, I Don’t Dislike the New Ghostbusters Movie Because I Hate Women — It’s Because I Strongly Believe In Hollywood Finance Reform
by Samuel Priest (6/15/2016)