Send your list submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
My Mother’s Email?
BY JEN GIRDISH
[Originally published August 30, 2012.]
1. The sun came out. It was warm and pleasant.
2. We had a couple of beautiful days this week. Tuesday was one of them.
3. We went out for breakfast because we had nothing to eat for breakfast.
4. I figured the butter would be good for him.
5. I imagine that you are still sleeping at this moment safe in your own bed.
6. Things went smoothly and we saw a lot of beautiful scenery.
7. Then there was the bad weather.
8. You said that you would understand if I declined, but I am trusting that you do understand, and I thank you for your understanding.
Hemingway: 1, 4, 7
Mom: 2, 3, 5, 6, 8
SUGGESTED READSMom’s Set List
by Dan Kennedy (6/16/2003)
List: Good Casino Ads / Bad Things for Someone to Say About Your Mom
by Molly Dolan (4/29/2005)
List: Other Signs Held Up by Olympic Moguls Skier Toby Dawson’s Mom Besides “GOOD LUCK, TOBY DAWSON!”
by Andy Hobin (3/3/2006)
RECENTLYNo One Can Tell Me What to Do—Except for People With the Proper Authority to Do So
by Zack Bornstein (10/24/2014)
@thereal_saintfrancis_: Canticle of the Cool
by Nick Farrell and Rachel Farrell (10/24/2014)
Open Letters: An Open Letter to People Who Sell Sofas On Craigslist
by Angie Pelekidis (10/24/2014)