Send your list submissions to email@example.com.
Jean-Claude Van Damme’s Kickboxer, or the Belligerent Asshole Who Just Cost Me My Job at the Bar?
BY Brett Burns
1. “Now I break you, like I break your friend …”
2. “I’m in the best shape of my life. I’m a better fighter than I ever was; a better fighter than you ever were!”
3. “I was a three-time junior-national kickboxing champion!”
4. “I am going to lay waste to your ass! Do you understand me?!”
5. “Don’t step there.”
6. “Whenever you get done tonight, I’m going to be waiting for you. I promise you that—and I keep my promises.”
7. “I want Tong Po. I WANT TONG PO!”
Kickboxer: 1, 2, 5, 7
Asshole stockbroker: 3, 4, 6
SUGGESTED READSList: Reverse-Chronology Films or Imitation Designer Colognes
by Scott Bailey (10/10/2003)
List: Folk Instruments or B-Movie Monsters Fought by Gamera?
by John Holowach Jr. (5/17/2005)
List: Upcoming Jean-Claude Van Damme Film Titles That Show a Lack of Imagination on the Part of the Director and Screenwriters
by Trevor Seigler (2/16/2006)
RECENTLYLike and Literally Make a Deal
by Charlie Geer (12/6/2013)
Introducing Two New Nick Hornby Titles
by Jess Walter and McSweeney's Books (12/6/2013)
Norse History for Bostonians: The Prose Edda for Bostonians: Gylfaginning, Part I
by Rowdy Geirsson (12/6/2013)
POPULARI Regret to Inform You That My Wedding to Captain Von Trapp Has Been Canceled
by Melinda Taub (5/18/2011)
Jamie and Jeff’s Birth Plan
by Paul William Davies (12/26/2012)
Retail Therapy: Inside the Apple Store: It’s a Trap!
by J.K. Appleseed (11/21/2013)