Send your list submissions to email@example.com.
Jean-Claude Van Damme’s Kickboxer, or the Belligerent Asshole Who Just Cost Me My Job at the Bar?
BY BRETT BURNS
1. “Now I break you, like I break your friend …”
2. “I’m in the best shape of my life. I’m a better fighter than I ever was; a better fighter than you ever were!”
3. “I was a three-time junior-national kickboxing champion!”
4. “I am going to lay waste to your ass! Do you understand me?!”
5. “Don’t step there.”
6. “Whenever you get done tonight, I’m going to be waiting for you. I promise you that—and I keep my promises.”
7. “I want Tong Po. I WANT TONG PO!”
Kickboxer: 1, 2, 5, 7
Asshole stockbroker: 3, 4, 6
SUGGESTED READSList: Reverse-Chronology Films or Imitation Designer Colognes
by Scott Bailey (10/10/2003)
List: Folk Instruments or B-Movie Monsters Fought by Gamera?
by John Holowach Jr. (5/17/2005)
List: Upcoming Jean-Claude Van Damme Film Titles That Show a Lack of Imagination on the Part of the Director and Screenwriters
by Trevor Seigler (2/16/2006)
RECENTLY2014: A Facebook Odyssey
by Ben Jurney (8/29/2014)
I Like Big Brass and I Cannot Lie: Confessions from the Tuba World: You Tuba Players Can’t Deny
by Elizabeth Eshelman (8/29/2014)
List: Cartoon Character Revelations Inspired by the News that Hello Kitty is NOT a Cat
by Dorothy Bendel (8/29/2014)
POPULARHello Stranger On the Street, Could You Please Tell Me How to Take Care of My Baby?
by Wendy Molyneux (8/16/2012)
List: What Your Favorite ’80s Band Says About You
by John Peck (7/5/2011)
Classic Movies Changed to Not Be Sexist
by Blythe Roberson (8/14/2014)