Send your list submissions to email@example.com.
Jean-Claude Van Damme’s Kickboxer, or the Belligerent Asshole Who Just Cost Me My Job at the Bar?
BY BRETT BURNS
1. “Now I break you, like I break your friend …”
2. “I’m in the best shape of my life. I’m a better fighter than I ever was; a better fighter than you ever were!”
3. “I was a three-time junior-national kickboxing champion!”
4. “I am going to lay waste to your ass! Do you understand me?!”
5. “Don’t step there.”
6. “Whenever you get done tonight, I’m going to be waiting for you. I promise you that—and I keep my promises.”
7. “I want Tong Po. I WANT TONG PO!”
Kickboxer: 1, 2, 5, 7
Asshole stockbroker: 3, 4, 6
SUGGESTED READSList: Reverse-Chronology Films or Imitation Designer Colognes
by Scott Bailey (10/10/2003)
List: Folk Instruments or B-Movie Monsters Fought by Gamera?
by John Holowach Jr. (5/17/2005)
List: Upcoming Jean-Claude Van Damme Film Titles That Show a Lack of Imagination on the Part of the Director and Screenwriters
by Trevor Seigler (2/16/2006)
RECENTLYTrader Joe’s Waiting in Line App
by Kristy Eldredge (10/23/2014)
Reviews of Self-Help Books by Professional Athletes: Consider the Austin: A Review of Beyond Center Court by Tracy Austin
by Miles Wray (10/23/2014)
List: Vanity Plates the Unidentified Subject of Carly Simon’s “You’re So Vain” Should Consider Getting For His Next Car
by Gary M. Almeter (10/23/2014)