Send your list submissions to email@example.com.
Other Guesses for That’s Why They Call It Blues.
BY Amy Brady
1. It’s treatable by various antidepressants.
2. It’s exacerbated during the winter months.
3. It’s recognizably expressed in the music of Buddy Guy.
4. You’ve spent hundreds of dollars on books that ask you to express it through a series of charts and graphs and yet you find these visual representations lacking.
5. You want to laugh like children and live like lovers, but instead you find it hard to concentrate and complete previously easy tasks.
6. It’s accompanied by the realization that sad songs say so much.
SUGGESTED READSList: The Contrarian’s Alternate History of Popular Music: The Top 100
by Jim Ridley (1/24/2000)
List: Rejected Titles for Sisqo’s “Thong Song.”
by Mike Johns (2/15/2001)
List: Ways in Which She Could Have Blinded Me With Science
by Jules Lipoff (2/11/2005)
RECENTLYThe Man With the Yellow Hat Goes to Therapy
by Devorah Blachor (4/16/2014)
Interviews With People Who Have Interesting or Unusual Jobs: A Former Methadone Clinic Counselor
by Suzanne Yeagley (4/16/2014)
List: Other Individuals Who Were at the Copacabana the Night That Rico Shot Tony (or Vice Versa), But Whose Presence Was Apparently Not Significant Enough to Warrant Inclusion in Barry Manilow’s Song
by Gary M. Almeter (4/16/2014)