Send your list submissions to email@example.com.
Other Guesses for That’s Why They Call It Blues.
BY AMY BRADY
1. It’s treatable by various antidepressants.
2. It’s exacerbated during the winter months.
3. It’s recognizably expressed in the music of Buddy Guy.
4. You’ve spent hundreds of dollars on books that ask you to express it through a series of charts and graphs and yet you find these visual representations lacking.
5. You want to laugh like children and live like lovers, but instead you find it hard to concentrate and complete previously easy tasks.
6. It’s accompanied by the realization that sad songs say so much.
SUGGESTED READSList: Ways in Which She Could Have Blinded Me With Science
by Jules Lipoff (2/11/2005)
List: The Contrarian’s Alternate History of Popular Music: The Top 100
by Jim Ridley (1/24/2000)
List: Rejected Titles for Sisqo’s “Thong Song.”
by Mike Johns (2/15/2001)
RECENTLYEight Excuses I Have Told My Son to Use for His Failure to Hand in English Homework, Excuses I Have Learned are Acceptable During a Thirty-Year Career in Journalism, Books, and Film
by Nick Hornby (2/5/2016)
Fear, Inc: Part Two: Alarmed and Dangerous
by Susan Schorn (2/5/2016)
Women Who Should Be Pretty Pissed Off: Frankenstein’s Stepsister
by Amy Watkin (2/5/2016)