The Elements Of Subway Announcement Style.
27. When making a plural, always use the “grrwph” ending.
Passnengers are alerted that mrrrbbks fewissshs grrwph.
29. Avoid the passive voice at all costs.
33. The past participle of “DDrpfh” is “VVrressh.”
37. When announcing that a train is going out of service, use this phrase:
Attention, pasfrewr, yrtrh frring now to the vcnekls line until qwrlirp fmstoit.
42. Never confuse “sheefihrrsh” with “shhheeefurth.”
“The Grreephunlx is frisht service all passenger sheefihrrsh” has a totally different meaning than “The Grreephunlx is frisht service all passenger shhheeefurth.”
Do not be cavalier about this. Lives depend on you.
53. If you must slur words, make sure they’re unimportant words, like “etThh,” “ytrpb,” and “pfro.”
73. If there’s one rule you must remember, it is this: Frrresh smlt wqu thisp vlmngrtcx.
SUGGESTED READSThe Convergences Contest: Contest Winner #5: Catskills Vagina
by Dan Clem (3/23/2006)
Public Service Announcement Revised
by Dan Kennedy (3/23/2006)
Announcements On the Back Labels Of Poppy’s Mix Products
by D.P. Roth (10/26/2009)
RECENTLYWe’re Looking for Writers to Create Internet Content!
by Wayne Gladstone (5/26/2016)
List: Obituaries for Teenage Girls If They Actually Died When They Say They’re Dying
by Karen Chee (5/26/2016)
Key Ring Chronicles: P-38 Can Opener
by Evan Solochek (5/26/2016)
POPULARI Would Rather Do Anything Else Than Grade Your Final Papers
by Robin Lee Mozer (5/2/2016)
List: Things the World’s Most and Least Privileged People Say
by John-Clark Levin (5/19/2016)
List: Here Are Some Fucking Barefoot Contessa Cookbook Titles
by Micah Osler (9/30/2014)