The Elements Of Subway Announcement Style.
27. When making a plural, always use the “grrwph” ending.
Passnengers are alerted that mrrrbbks fewissshs grrwph.
29. Avoid the passive voice at all costs.
33. The past participle of “DDrpfh” is “VVrressh.”
37. When announcing that a train is going out of service, use this phrase:
Attention, pasfrewr, yrtrh frring now to the vcnekls line until qwrlirp fmstoit.
42. Never confuse “sheefihrrsh” with “shhheeefurth.”
“The Grreephunlx is frisht service all passenger sheefihrrsh” has a totally different meaning than “The Grreephunlx is frisht service all passenger shhheeefurth.”
Do not be cavalier about this. Lives depend on you.
53. If you must slur words, make sure they’re unimportant words, like “etThh,” “ytrpb,” and “pfro.”
73. If there’s one rule you must remember, it is this: Frrresh smlt wqu thisp vlmngrtcx.
SUGGESTED READSThe Convergences Contest: Contest Winner #5: Catskills Vagina
by Dan Clem (3/23/2006)
Public Service Announcement Revised
by Dan Kennedy (3/23/2006)
Announcements On the Back Labels Of Poppy’s Mix Products
by D.P. Roth (10/26/2009)
RECENTLYI’m Sick of Being Blackmailed Into Playing Bass for Your Band
by Keaton Patti (4/24/2014)
Retail Therapy: Inside the Apple Store: APPLE ENGINEER REVEALS iWATCH SPECS
by J.K. Appleseed (4/24/2014)
List: Hot Singles are In Your Area!
by Jack Urwin (4/24/2014)