Send your list submissions to email@example.com.
Seven Bar Jokes
BY ERIC K. AULD
[Originally published November 8, 2011.]
1. A comma splice walks into a bar, it has a drink and then leaves.
2. A dangling modifier walks into a bar. After finishing a drink, the bartender asks it to leave.
3. A question mark walks into a bar?
4. Two quotation marks “walk into” a bar.
5. A gerund and an infinitive walk into a bar, drinking to drink.
6. The bar was walked into by the passive voice.
7. Three intransitive verbs walk into a bar. They sit. They drink. They leave.
SUGGESTED READSThe Newest from Jokeland
by Brodie H. Brockie and R.J. White (10/13/1999)
Guy Walks Into a Bar
by J. Scott Singer (1/11/2011)
A Guy Walks Into a News Cycle…
by Claire Blechman (2/29/2016)
RECENTLYCasual Sexism Fridays
by Peter McCleery (10/28/2016)
List: What Your Favorite Halloween Candy Reveals About Your Political Views
by Dorothy Bendel (10/28/2016)
List: The Adult Haunted House of Horrors
by Edward Fairchild and Jake Swearingen (10/28/2016)
POPULARMonologue: Hello, I’m a Social Justice Warrior, and I’m Here to Take Your Guns
by Patrick Rielly (10/26/2016)
If Women Wrote Men the Way Men Write Women
by Meg Elison (10/25/2016)
List: 10 Signs Your Partner Plans to Name Your Baby Something Horribly Unconventional
by Rachel Callman (10/25/2016)