Send your list submissions to email@example.com.
Seven Bar Jokes
BY ERIC K. AULD
[Originally published November 8, 2011.]
1. A comma splice walks into a bar, it has a drink and then leaves.
2. A dangling modifier walks into a bar. After finishing a drink, the bartender asks it to leave.
3. A question mark walks into a bar?
4. Two quotation marks “walk into” a bar.
5. A gerund and an infinitive walk into a bar, drinking to drink.
6. The bar was walked into by the passive voice.
7. Three intransitive verbs walk into a bar. They sit. They drink. They leave.
SUGGESTED READSThe Newest from Jokeland
by Brodie H. Brockie and R.J. White (10/13/1999)
Guy Walks Into a Bar
by J. Scott Singer (1/11/2011)
A Guy Walks Into a News Cycle…
by Claire Blechman (2/29/2016)
RECENTLYDo You Have a Child or Have You Just Been Followed Home By a Hyena?
by Kira Jane Buxton (8/23/2016)
List: Facebook Posts by People You Went to High School With Scavenger Hunt—Election Edition
by Derrick Fenner (8/23/2016)
Rebunking Conspiracy Theories: Technology Suppression
by Keaton Patti (8/23/2016)
POPULARClassic College Movies Updated for the Adjunct Era
by Shannon Reed (8/19/2016)
No One is Sadder Than I Am About the Most Recent Celebrity Death
by Pete Reynolds (8/18/2016)
A Poem About Your University’s Brand New Institute
by Susan Harlan (8/10/2016)