Send your list submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Seven Bar Jokes
BY ERIC K. AULD
[Originally published November 8, 2011.]
1. A comma splice walks into a bar, it has a drink and then leaves.
2. A dangling modifier walks into a bar. After finishing a drink, the bartender asks it to leave.
3. A question mark walks into a bar?
4. Two quotation marks “walk into” a bar.
5. A gerund and an infinitive walk into a bar, drinking to drink.
6. The bar was walked into by the passive voice.
7. Three intransitive verbs walk into a bar. They sit. They drink. They leave.
SUGGESTED READSThe Newest from Jokeland
by Brodie H. Brockie and R.J. White (10/13/1999)
Guy Walks Into a Bar
by J. Scott Singer (1/11/2011)
Some Jokes and Pranks That Did Not Pan Out
by Chris Mohney (3/2/2000)
RECENTLYMcSweeney’s First-Ever Student Short Story Contest
by McSweeney's Editors (7/30/2014)
Testomania: Know Your Rights
by Janet Manley (7/30/2014)
List: Actual Unicorn Related Articles Found in Peer-Reviewed Scientific Journals
by David Ng (7/30/2014)