Send your list submissions to email@example.com.
Seven Bar Jokes
BY ERIC K. AULD
[Originally published November 8, 2011.]
1. A comma splice walks into a bar, it has a drink and then leaves.
2. A dangling modifier walks into a bar. After finishing a drink, the bartender asks it to leave.
3. A question mark walks into a bar?
4. Two quotation marks “walk into” a bar.
5. A gerund and an infinitive walk into a bar, drinking to drink.
6. The bar was walked into by the passive voice.
7. Three intransitive verbs walk into a bar. They sit. They drink. They leave.
SUGGESTED READSThe Newest from Jokeland
by Brodie H. Brockie and R.J. White (10/13/1999)
Guy Walks Into a Bar
by J. Scott Singer (1/11/2011)
Some Jokes and Pranks That Did Not Pan Out
by Chris Mohney (3/2/2000)
RECENTLYI May Have Missed That Report Deadline, But I Learned a Lot About Myself
by Josh Freedman (1/29/2015)
Not So Timeless After All: Tree, the Giving
by Ilana Masad (1/29/2015)
Teddy Wayne’s Unpopular Proverbs: Quantity
by Teddy Wayne (1/29/2015)
POPULARJamie and Jeff’s Birth Plan
by Paul William Davies (12/26/2012)
Reasons You Were Not Promoted That are Totally Unrelated to Gender
by Homa Mojtabai (1/27/2015)
Product Review: The Invisible Backpack of White Privilege from L.L. Bean
by Joyce Miller (12/31/2014)