McSweeney's Quarterly Subscriptions
November 7, 2014
Purchases I Plan to Make Using Sales from My New Poetry Collection
- A full tank of gas for my Toyota Corolla.
- Two bottles of Barefoot Pinot Grigio—let’s splurge, the BIG bottles!
- A reasonably flattering dress of some kind on the 70% off rack at Target. This is kind of indulgent of me, but I have a poetry reading coming up, and I figure it might be a responsible investment: if I look more fashionable, I may be able to sell more than two copies that night.
- A C17 dinner combination from my favorite Chinese restaurant, except subbing the egg roll for hot and sour soup, since their egg rolls made me sick once.
- A flu shot from a drug store walk-in clinic, since I have no health insurance and this season’s virus is supposed to be a doozy!
- A poetry collection written by a close friend that came out six months ago, but I didn’t have the money to buy then.
As little as $1 a month ($12 a year!) goes a long way towards supporting our editorial staff and contributors while keeping us ad-free. Become a McSweeney’s Internet Tendency patron today.
October 8, 2021
A Typical Friday in Oregon, as Imagined by My East Coast Friends
September 2, 2021
Oh My Fucking God, Get the Fucking Vaccine Already, You Fucking Fucks
September 30, 2021
This Is Your Kid’s School and Even Though the Emergency Contact Form Lists Your Husband, We Need You, the Mom
September 22, 2021
It’s Decorative Gourd Season, Motherfuckers