1. The system does not and cannot exist to satisfy human needs.
2. I’ve been around so far it seems, too bad the blues blew my schemes.
3. All at once my whole world had changed, now I’m in the dark, off the wall. Let the strobe light up them all, I close my eyes and dance ’til dawn.
4. The moral code of our society is so demanding that no one can think, feel and act in a completely moral way.
5. Ain’t it funny I’m the honey all your money just can’t buy.
6. A further reason why industrial society cannot be reformed in favor of freedom is that modern technology is a unified system in which all parts are dependent on one another.
7. I’m your man — I’ve got it made; you need my fire you need my shade.
8. Constitutional rights are useful up to a point, but they do not serve to guarantee much more than what could be called the bourgeois conception of freedom.
9. There’s one in every town — a crazy guy, he’d rather die than be tied down.
Unabomber’s Manifesto: 1, 4, 6, and 8.
Roxy Music’s “Manifesto”: 2, 3, 5, 7, and 9.