Hello Equippely Team,
I hope everyone’s getting pumped for next weekend’s team-building trip to the historic Teardrop Forest! Our Fun Squad has been hard at work planning a camping trip that will become the stuff of company legend.
First, to get you extra jazzed for our trip, we want to share some fun facts about Teardrop Forest:
- Teardrop Forest is a 25-square mile state park just 40 MILES from our office. Once we all get loaded up in the company vans, we’ll be there in no time!
- The forest is known for its extensive network of caves, above average annual rainfall, and Teardrop Tunnel, a section of trail so overgrown with intertwined vines and trees that some visitors have described it as “a maddening passage that seems to be leading into a dark, endless abyss.”
- In the early 1700s, a small group of settlers established a village called Pikestown on the edges of the forest.
- Multiple historical accounts attest to an “unearthly wailing” that would emanate from the forest at night and “chill” the villagers to their “very bones”.
- Historical records also show that villagers began disappearing from their homes without a trace, until all of the original 216 settlers were gone.
- There are no clues as to where the villagers disappeared to, except for the words EVIL FOREST carved deep into a tree on the outskirts of the lost colony. Historians are still debating the meaning of this cryptic message.
- Today, Teardrop Forest is one of the least-visited state parks in the country. Let’s change that by making this our biggest team-building event ever!!!
Since we’re going to be camping deep in the heart of Teardrop Forest, make sure you bring the following items:
- Sleeping bag
- Hiking boots
- Extra socks
- Lots of clothing layers (we’re told it gets eerily cold in the forest at night)
- Headlamp or flashlight (so that you can see everything that might come at you out of the dark)
- Ear plugs (if you think you’ll have trouble sleeping through unearthly wailing)
- Holy water (just in case)
Don’t worry about bringing food — Equippely has that covered, including the S’MORES!
A few other quick notes:
- This trip isn’t mandatory, but it is highly encouraged. Our company culture is a big part of what makes Equippely such a great place to work, and we count on you to continue building that culture, whether we’re going to a company karaoke night or spending 48 hours in a forsaken forest.
- There’s a good chance that you won’t get any cell phone reception while in Teardrop Forest. Maybe just plan on having a relaxing, device-free weekend!
- We’re all going to stick together during our day hikes. As much as we’d love to allow individual exploring, there have been a few too many reports of lost hikers in Teardrop Forest, and we don’t want to risk it.
- Please do not remove anything from the forest, whether it’s a delicate flower or a Satanic totem that you found planted squarely in the middle of the trail. It’s our job to leave nature as we found it.
- Be sure you’ve signed a waiver before you get in the company van. We know, paperwork is a pain, but we have to satisfy the lawyers. It’s just a formality.
If we can all just keep those few things in mind, we’re sure to have the BEST TEAM-BUILDING TRIP this company has ever seen! Everybody get excited, and be sure to tell someone where you’re going.
The Fun Squad