The Night’s Watch is looking for a talented and highly motivated Social Media Intern to join our award-winning team at Castle Black. The ideal candidate will have a background in writing or marketing with a passion for serving the realm of men until the day they die. This position offers real world experience you can’t get anywhere else, from standing atop a very high wall made of ice, to fighting off crazy zombies that are also made of ice. The Summer Intern will be an integral part of our team, working closely with Rangers, Stewards, and even side by side with the Lord Commander. The right candidate will be a big idea thinker, meaning that they have the capacity to understand the huge idea that White Walkers are coming for us, all of us, and someone’s got to do some shit about it. If you love telling brand stories through digital mediums, can think very conceptually about social media, and love working alongside hardened criminals wearing identical black cloaks, then this might be the perfect step in beginning your career.
- Maintain our Twitter and Facebook pages, sending out topical, informative, and engaging posts that tell our brand story in a creative, conceptual way.
- Change the Lord Commander’s bed sheets and dump out his filth bucket.
- Work with our creative lead to establish and maintain a brand voice through all of our social channels, including Snapchat, Instagram, and ravens.
- Participate in content brainstorm sessions, to provide big, innovative storytelling solutions that drive business through the sales funnel.
- Bring rags to the Maester as he patches up festering sword wounds, and help him burn the bodies of your dead colleagues.
- Create persuasive messaging, targeting our consumers, reminding them that “Run! The White Walkers are coming!” and a secondary messaging strategy directly to the White Walkers, with the idea being “Please for the love of God stop attacking us!”
Skills and Requirements:
- 3+ years college education, preferably with a background in English or Marketing.
- Working knowledge of major social media outlets a must.
- Ability to never have sex again. Ever.
- Exceptional writing skills and the ability to communicate effectively in a digital world, and also in a fucking insane world where dragons literally exist.
- Ability to wield a heavy sword and not get your ass killed.
- A driving passion to tell brand stories and create award-winning campaigns across any number of digital platforms.
- Ability to save all seven kingdoms of Westeros from imminent demise a plus.
Serious inquiries only. Send resumes via raven or to firstname.lastname@example.org.