“This is the single greatest witch hunt of a politician in American history!”
12. The investigation into the missing 18½ minutes of the Nixon White House tapes.
11. The persecution of New York Yankees superstar Alex Rodriguez for his use of performance-enhancing drugs.
10. Regina George releasing the “Burn Book” at North Shore High School, which included information about Bethany Byrd’s use of jumbo tampons and Amber D’Alesso’s make out session with a hot dog.
9. A low-budget high school performance of Arthur Miller’s The Crucible.
8. Joe McCarthy and the House Un-American Activities Committee combing Hollywood in search of communists.
7. Groucho Marx’s dogged pursuit to learn who is buried in Grant’s tomb.
6. Pokémon Go.
5. George W. Bush sending 130,000 U.S. troops into Iraq to find Weapons of Mass Destruction.
4. The search for Steve Bannon during the 2017 White House Easter Egg Roll.
3. Salem witch trials.
2. The Highlights Magazine Hidden Pictures puzzle “Halloween Party.”
1. The United States Justice Department forming a special counsel to investigate Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election.