1. Watching the edited-for-television version of Friday.
2. When the guest pastor’s sermon is longer than the actual pastor’s.
3. When your Grandma bought you Shaq shoes from Walmart instead of Jordans and said, “Baby, nobody can tell the difference.”
4. When white people in your life tell you how “cool” it would be if you grew dreadlocks.
5. Second Aunt Viv from The Fresh Prince of Bel Air.
6. Second Harriet Winslow from Family Matters.
7. Office potluck macaroni and cheese made by the coworker who doesn’t wash their hands.
8. When the first words out of your significant other’s mouth upon seeing you are: “So you think I’m dumb? You think I’m stupid?”
9. The Roots miniseries with a laugh track.
10. Du-rag forehead lines.
11. Cousin Faith from Soul Food.
12. The Birdman verse on any rap song.
13. Using Ancestry.com knowing good and damn well how the search is gonna end.