Send your list submissions to email@example.com.
What I Learned Listening to AM Radio.
BY GEORGE FORD
1. Men should get their wives/girlfriends one of three things for Valentine’s Day: a teddy bear, a star named after them, or an ownership share in a winning racehorse.
2. Jason Giambi “owes” us more.
3. Susan Sarandon is a socialist. John Kerry is a socialist. Bill Clinton is a socialist. Hillary Clinton is a socialist. Howard Dean is a socialist. Also, I’m a socialist. You’re a socialist. Ted Kennedy is crazy, a murderer, and overweight. He is also a socialist.
4. All callers to sports talk radio shows are barely literate Italian kids named Joe.
5. Sometimes they’re named Joey.
6. Everything in Iraq is going just fine.
7. If you or someone you love has been affected by conditions involving asbestos, you should hire the legal team of Levy, Phillips & Konigsberg. They can help you understand your rights and get the compensation you deserve.
8. Trial lawyers who prosecute asbestos cases are all socialists.
9. Larry King drinks Welch’s grape juice at dinner instead of wine, like a normal person would.
10. God is just awesome.
11. Gay people have an “agenda.”
12. The Knicks suck. But I already knew that.
SUGGESTED READSThe Ten Worst Films of 1942; As Reviewed by Ezra Pound Over Italian Radio
by Greg Purcell (2/14/2000)
Dear Mr. Colorful Radio Personality
by Stephany Aulenback (5/31/2000)
On Tour with Bob Edwards
by B.R. Cohen (5/5/2004)
RECENTLYSeven Women On His Mind: The “Take it Easy” Ladies Tell All
by Sarah Layden (10/24/2016)
Monologue: I’m a Person-Shaped Colony of the Measles Virus, and I Want Your Vote!
by Matt Baca (10/24/2016)
List: Species of Comedic Duos by Group Names
by John Joseph Ryan (10/24/2016)
POPULARWhen My Grandkids Ask Me What I Did to Fight American Fascism, I’ll Proudly Tell Them I Tweeted a Few Times
by Sam Spero (10/19/2016)
Moderately Motivated Gen-Xer for Hire
by Melissa Janisin (10/18/2016)
Thanks, Cindy, for Making Eye Contact Through the Bathroom Stall and Making It Super Awkward During the Department Productivity Meeting
by Anna Kemp (10/14/2016)