Send your list submissions to email@example.com.
Other Guesses for That’s Why They Call It Blues.
BY AMY BRADY
1. It’s treatable by various antidepressants.
2. It’s exacerbated during the winter months.
3. It’s recognizably expressed in the music of Buddy Guy.
4. You’ve spent hundreds of dollars on books that ask you to express it through a series of charts and graphs and yet you find these visual representations lacking.
5. You want to laugh like children and live like lovers, but instead you find it hard to concentrate and complete previously easy tasks.
6. It’s accompanied by the realization that sad songs say so much.
SUGGESTED READSJohn Moe’s Pop Song Correspondences: A Letter to Elton John From the Office of the NASA Administrator
by John Moe (12/9/2005)
List: Ways in Which She Could Have Blinded Me With Science
by Jules Lipoff (2/11/2005)
List: The Contrarian’s Alternate History of Popular Music: The Top 100
by Jim Ridley (1/24/2000)
RECENTLYWhy You Are Single: Let’s Do the Math
by Hannah Murphy (9/29/2016)
Monologue: I Wish I Had More Than Eight Minutes With a Patient to Show Him I Don’t Care If He Lives or Dies
by Bryan Duff (9/29/2016)
Key Ring Chronicles: Beaded Bracelet
by Katrina Sotiropoulos (9/29/2016)
POPULARIt’s Decorative Gourd Season, Motherfuckers
by Colin Nissan (9/22/2016)
Our Tiny Home is Revolutionizing How My Wife and I Fight
by Daniel Carrillo (9/21/2016)
An Honest Intern Application Cover Letter
by Nick Hughes (9/19/2016)