Send your list submissions to email@example.com.
Other Guesses for That’s Why They Call It Blues.
BY AMY BRADY
1. It’s treatable by various antidepressants.
2. It’s exacerbated during the winter months.
3. It’s recognizably expressed in the music of Buddy Guy.
4. You’ve spent hundreds of dollars on books that ask you to express it through a series of charts and graphs and yet you find these visual representations lacking.
5. You want to laugh like children and live like lovers, but instead you find it hard to concentrate and complete previously easy tasks.
6. It’s accompanied by the realization that sad songs say so much.
SUGGESTED READSJohn Moe’s Pop Song Correspondences: A Letter to Elton John From the Office of the NASA Administrator
by John Moe (12/9/2005)
List: Ways in Which She Could Have Blinded Me With Science
by Jules Lipoff (2/11/2005)
List: The Contrarian’s Alternate History of Popular Music: The Top 100
by Jim Ridley (1/24/2000)
RECENTLYI Have Signed the Guestbook of Your Charming Cottage By the Sea
by Dan Kennedy (8/26/2016)
List: Back-to-School Shopping List for Your Teenager Who’s Just Going Through a Phase
by Madison Seely (8/26/2016)
Doing Science: The Oxygen Crisis, or, Sometimes These Things Name Themselves
by Emily Helliwell (8/26/2016)
POPULARI Would Rather Do Anything Else Than Write the Syllabus for Your Class
by Robin Lee Mozer (8/25/2016)
Do You Have a Child or Have You Just Been Followed Home By a Hyena?
by Kira Jane Buxton (8/23/2016)
List: Facebook Posts by People You Went to High School With Scavenger Hunt—Election Edition
by Derrick Fenner (8/23/2016)