Send your list submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Guesses for That’s Why They Call It Blues.
BY AMY BRADY
1. It’s treatable by various antidepressants.
2. It’s exacerbated during the winter months.
3. It’s recognizably expressed in the music of Buddy Guy.
4. You’ve spent hundreds of dollars on books that ask you to express it through a series of charts and graphs and yet you find these visual representations lacking.
5. You want to laugh like children and live like lovers, but instead you find it hard to concentrate and complete previously easy tasks.
6. It’s accompanied by the realization that sad songs say so much.
SUGGESTED READSJohn Moe’s Pop Song Correspondences: A Letter to Elton John From the Office of the NASA Administrator
by John Moe (12/9/2005)
List: Ways in Which She Could Have Blinded Me With Science
by Jules Lipoff (2/11/2005)
List: The Contrarian’s Alternate History of Popular Music: The Top 100
by Jim Ridley (1/24/2000)
RECENTLYFull Disclosure Form for Fiction Writing Workshop Submission
by Anita Gill (10/27/2016)
Monologue: Rick Bayless’s Wife Weighs In On Tonight’s Dinner Plans
by Spencer Ham (10/27/2016)
List: If Bruce Springsteen Wrote About Adjuncts
by Shannon Reed (10/27/2016)
POPULARIf Women Wrote Men the Way Men Write Women
by Meg Elison (10/25/2016)
A Brutally Honest Social Media Job Interview
by Sarah Fader (10/21/2016)
When My Grandkids Ask Me What I Did to Fight American Fascism, I’ll Proudly Tell Them I Tweeted a Few Times
by Sam Spero (10/19/2016)