2. With grim resignation.
3. Sighing with grim resignation.
4. Grimly, with furrowed brow.
5. Grimly, with furrowed brow emerging from underneath a layer of “anti-gravity smoothing serum.”
6. Grimly, with furrowed brow emerging from underneath a layer of “anti-gravity smoothing serum,” while simultaneously receiving an overdraft notice from our bank after purchase of serums from Sephora.
7. Grimly, moments after deleting and subsequently re-downloading the application.
9. Grimly, certain that life is meaningless, love is a joke, and that Sephora is run by a goblin who has promised us a baby if we can just spin straw into gold, but by “spin straw into gold” he really means enter data fifty hours a week for minimum wage while purchasing serums and telling ourselves that someday we will make it in the “gig economy.”
10. Grimly, but keeping our views on the Sephora-goblin to ourselves.